SeedComp 2012 is Open!
This year’s SeedComp is now open with a combined £20,000 up for grabs
The competition is open to anyone, aged 18 or over, interested in starting a digital business in County Derry. The first prize is a whopping £10,000 CASH and there are two runner-up prizes of £5000 each. Winners will also receive considerable marketing and PR support.
You can enter online at www.f6s.com/seedcomp2012 (you’ll need a Facebook or LinkedIn profile to enter)
This year, the competition has been tweaked a little. Here’s what you need to know in terms of eligibility:
- You need to be 18 or over and be interested in setting up a digital company in County Derry
- If you win you will need to set up a company and business bank account in order to collect your prize
- You must agree to base you business in County Derry for at least 12 months following your win
- You business must be either ‘pre-launch’ or launched in 2012 but be ‘pre-revenue’ AND received less than £5000 funding (public or private)
The key dates you need to know are:
- Entry deadline is noon on July 20th
- Shortlist announced by July 27th
- Shortlisted entries will present to the judging panel on August 30th/31st at Culture Tech – they will select the three winners
- The three winners will present on stage on Friday, August 31st during the keynote sessions at Culture Tech – the overall winner will be chosen by a combination of judges and audience scores
SeedComp is funded by urban regeneration company ILEX